Your House and Mine

Preface

Introduction
Map of Frieth
Moor End
   Bramblings
   Astrea
   Merrydown Cottage
   Corner Cottage
   Moor's End Cottages
   Moor Gate House
   Underwood
   The Copse
Fingest Road
   The Forge
   Folly Cottages
   The Willows
Perrin Springs Lane
   Perrin Springs
   West's Cottages
Ellery Rise
   Hilliers
   Lynden Cottage
Frieth Hill
   Hillside Cottage
   Rowleys
   Pear Tree Cottage
   Hillside View
   The Platt
   Little Barlows
   Cutlers Cottage
   Yew Tree Cottage
   Little Cottage
   Barlows
   Birch Cottage
   Tedders / Rose Cottage
   The Old Stores
   The Yew Tree Inn
   Fairfield House
   Flint Cottage 1
   Flint Cottage 2
   Inglenook
   Middle Cottage
   Sunny Corner
   The Gables
   The Orchards
   Hilltop
   Cattons
   Mallards
   Hillswood
   The Old Parsonage
   White Gates
   The Laurels
   The Cottage
   The Firm
   Marlstone
   Westwood
   Bradstone
   Haylescroft
   The Niche
   Rivendell
   Summerhill
   Ashcroft
   Selborne
   The Ranch House
   Sara's Cottage
   The Cherries
   The Old School House
Innings Road
   Collier's Farm
   Innings Gate
   Down the Lane
   Sunset Cottage
   Fermain
   Chilterns
   Rowan Cottage
   Creighton Cottage
   Apple Tree
   Old Well Cottage
   The Cottage
   Flat Roof
   Whitsun
   Backlins
   Red Kites
   Maidenscraft
Spurgrove Lane
   Maidencraft Cottage
   September Cottage
   Spurgrove Cottage
   Gable End
   Willems
   Elder Barn
   Sunnydale

The Platt was built in 1933 for Edgar Barksfield, standing in a small enclosed field called Barlow's Platt and marks the boundary on the east side of the farmland that once belonged to Barlows.

Going up the hill, all the land from here up to the footpath below the church and stretching back southwards to the footpath that runs from Parmoor to Moors End Wood formed the Barlows farm holding. Over the years parts of this land were sold off to new owners leaving only the present house and large garden named Barlows.

Little Barlows

Little Barlows [ out of sight from the road, up the driveway beside The Platt ] was also built in 1933 in the field called Little Barlows, for Mr Eastman and family from London - originally a small house but subsequently added to in three building phases.

Since World War 2, Greenwoods and Cedarlow [ also mostly out of sight from the road ] have been built in the grounds.

[ Cedarlow burnt down in about 2003 and has been replaced by a two storey brick house. ]

Back  Forward