Your House and Mine

The Firm

Map of Frieth
Moor End
   Merrydown Cottage
   Corner Cottage
   Moor's End Cottages
   Moor Gate House
   The Copse
Fingest Road
   The Forge
   Folly Cottages
   The Willows
Perrin Springs Lane
   Perrin Springs
   West's Cottages
Ellery Rise
   Lynden Cottage
Frieth Hill
   Hillside Cottage
   Pear Tree Cottage
   Hillside View
   The Platt
   Little Barlows
   Cutlers Cottage
   Yew Tree Cottage
   Little Cottage
   Birch Cottage
   Tedders / Rose Cottage
   The Old Stores
   The Yew Tree Inn
   Fairfield House
   Flint Cottage 1
   Flint Cottage 2
   Middle Cottage
   Sunny Corner
   The Gables
   The Orchards
   The Old Parsonage
   White Gates
   The Laurels
   The Cottage
   The Firm
   The Niche
   The Ranch House
   Sara's Cottage
   The Cherries
   The Old School House
Innings Road
   Collier's Farm
   Innings Gate
   Down the Lane
   Sunset Cottage
   Rowan Cottage
   Creighton Cottage
   Apple Tree
   Old Well Cottage
   The Cottage
   Flat Roof
   Red Kites
Spurgrove Lane
   Maidencraft Cottage
   September Cottage
   Spurgrove Cottage
   Gable End
   Elder Barn

The Firm [where Peggy West lived for most of her life] was once two small cottages built on a piece of land called Austin's Platt. The ground around them was built on to form workshops for the firm of West & Collier, started in 1869 and closed during World War II.

[ The wood and brick buildings in this picture are the workshops. Much more information about West & Collier can be found under "A History of Frieth" on the menu bar above and in Valerie Springett's book "The Firm - Peggy's Memories Revealed"

Many more pictures of The Firm and its workers can be found in "Frieth a Chiltern Village". 

Both of these books are available through the Frieth Village Society. See the Contact page ]

Back  Forward